The Mackie CR4 4″ Woofer Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Pair) are a compact and portable solution for providing audio playback in home and studio environments. They’re designed for multimedia work such as mixing music or post-production sound design. The pair consists of one passive unpowered speaker and one Class-AB amplifier-powered speaker that connects with an included stereo cable. The monitors use 4″ polypropylene-coated woofers and a rear port tube for the low end, and 0.75″ silk dome tweeters for the highs to deliver a frequency response of 60 Hz to 20 kHz with a maximum SPL of 100 dB.
A switch allows you to select whether the powered speaker will function as the left or right speaker. This is helpful when having to position the speakers near power outlets or when deciding which side is preferable for the volume knob. A front-panel, LED power-ring illuminated on/off switch and volume knob allows you to control level. A dedicated front-panel headphone jack defeats the main speaker output and can be used to expand the system’s monitoring versatility.
A front panel 3.5mm stereo input and included 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable allows you to connect your smartphone or other mobile device directly to the monitors. Other equipment such as audio interfaces, CD players, or mixers, can be connected to the rear panel’s 1/4″ TRS, 3.5mm TRS, or RCA inputs.
The monitors come with a 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable for connecting to a computer. Also included are isolation pads for reducing the transmission of structural vibrations and for allowing the monitors to be tilted slightly up or down for a better listening angle.
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Professional-grade components for optimized sonic performance
- 50 watts of clean, articulate stereo sound
- 4³ polypropylene-coated woofer
- .75³ ferrofluid-cooled silk-dome tweeter
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (70Hz – 20kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR4’s convenient speaker placement switch
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it
- Plug your smartphone or other source right into the front of the speakers and listen instantly
- Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output and provides tactile headphone volume control
- A choice of inputs for simple connection to almost any audio source (1/4″, 1/8″, RCA)
- Smooth waveguide design delivers unmatched clarity and sound dispersion at all listening levels
- Custom-tuned rear ports for smooth, even bass extension
- All-wood cabinet provides a natural sonic character superior to low-grade plastic designs
- Included accessories:
- Acoustic isolation pads minimize boomy bass build-up and provide up/down tilt control for more focused listening
- 1/8³ to stereo RCA cable to connect computer output to speakers
- 1/8³ to 1/8³ cable to connect a smartphone or media player to front panel of speakers
- Speaker-to-speaker cable