Next-gen Scarlett for the Singer-songwriter
It’s so easy to make music with Focusrite’s Scarlett Solo USB audio interface! Ideal for the singer-songwriter, the Scarlett Solo sports the legendary Focusrite preamp as well as a crystal-clear DI for your guitar, bass, or keys. Focusrite’s unique gain halos make it easy to control your levels, while the headphone jack, Direct Monitor switch, and large volume dial make monitoring a breeze. For this third-generation Scarlett Solo, Focusrite has not only raised the bar with vanishingly low latency, 192kHz sample rates, optimized preamp gain structure, and an instrument input that handles scorching hot pickups; they also included the acclaimed Air circuit that models their legendary ISA console transformer to give your voice and instrument recordings a brighter, more open sound. The Scarlett Solo G3 delivers the pro-quality sound you need — at a price you’ll love. Plug in, fire up the bundled software, and you’re ready to rock.
Now supporting iPad Pro
Customers and fanatics have asked, and Focusrite has delivered! The 3rd Gen Scarlett interfaces now support iPad Pros with USB-C ports. That’s right; it’s now even easier to take your Scarlett on the road with you! All you need to do to get set up is to plug into your compatible iPad Pro and open your music-making app — it’s that simple. As long as you have your iPad Pro, you can use your Focusrite Scarlett 3rd Gen interface anywhere you go.
Optimized third-generation technology
The 3rd-generation Focusrite Scarlett Solo’s exterior has undergone a sleek makeover. Under the hood, though, it’s been tweaked and upgraded to deliver better sonics, lower latency, and enhanced ease of use. With sample rates up to 192kHz, you’ve got studio-grade sound you can take anywhere. Focusrite has added their renowned Air circuit to their already-amazing Scarlett mic preamp. The instrument input has also been re-engineered to handle the hottest active pickups. Lastly, Focusrite has wired analog protection circuitry across the Scarlett Solo’s inputs and outputs, safeguarding your interface from damaging power surges.
Super-low latency for better performances
You know you perform better when you’ve got a great-sounding monitor mix with everything you need to hear to be inspired — for example, reverb and delay on a guitar solo. The Scarlett Solo’s super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time, so you can hear your parts as you envision them and record better performances. If you prefer the simplicity and convenience of monitoring your input direct with guaranteed low-latency, simply flip the Direct Monitor circuit switch.
Award-winning Focusrite preamp with Air
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo is equipped with a vibrant and pristine Focusrite preamp. For over 25 years, Focusrite’s award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamp in the Scarlett Solo. This is the same technology found in Focusrite’s flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, you also get phantom power for your mics that require it. Add to that Focusrite’s switchable Air mode, and you’ve got the sound that launched a thousand hits.
Keep an eye on your levels with intuitive halo indicators
Your mom always said to watch your levels. Well, perhaps she didn’t, but you know you should — and the Focusrite Scarlett Solo makes it easy. The Solo’s innovative halo indicators always let you know when you’ve got a healthy signal level for recording. If the halo is red, your signal is clipping, and you should back down your gain. The halo will momentarily turn amber as the level returns to a happy level — at which point it will turn green. Simple and intuitive, isn’t it?
Exclusive software bundle gets you up and running fast
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo ships with a killer software bundle headlined by Ableton Live Lite and the Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack. You also get Softube’s Time and Tone Bundle, the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, and access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective, which offers free software downloads and generous discounts. Focusrite has included everything you need to get up and running fast. Note: Pro Tools First does not support 3rd party plug-ins.
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
Focusrite has also partnered with Splice to give 3rd-generation Scarlett owners a free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription when setting up their new Splice account. Splice Sounds offers millions of high-quality, royalty-free loops, one-shots, and presets, with new releases daily from your favorite sound designers, artists, and producers. Artists are using Splice to create all kinds of music, from chart-topping pop, and Grammy-winning albums, to underground mix tapes, and even cinematic scores.
Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface Features:
- High-performance 24-bit/192kHz converters
- Upgraded 3rd-generation Scarlett mic preamp
- Switchable Air mode gives your recordings a brighter, more open sound
- High-headroom instrument input for bass, guitar, or synths
- Unique, intuitive halo level indicators for optimized gain staging
- Super-low latency lets you monitor with native plug-in effects in real time
- Direct Monitor circuit for monitoring your input with guaranteed low-latency
- Balanced TRS L/R monitor outputs with level control
- Headphone output
- Supports iPad Pro
- Quick Start tool gets you up and running fast
- Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription
- Included software bundle
- Membership in Focusrite Plug-in Collective
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 2 x 2
- Number of Preamps: 1 x mic, 1 x instrument
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Analog Inputs: 1 x XLR (mic), 1 x 1/4″ (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ TRS
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
- USB: 1 x Type USB-C
- Software: Ableton Live Lite, Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite, Pro Tools First Creative Pack (PT First does not support 3rd party plug-ins)
- Compatibility: iPad Pro
- OS Requirements – Mac: macOS 10.12 or later
- OS Requirements – PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later (Scarlett), Windows 10 v1809 or later (Pro Tools First)
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Power Supply: USB bus powered