A versatile condenser mic for recording, broadcast, and live sound
The AT4040 was designed for professional recording and critical applications in broadcast and live sound. The versatile AT4040 will appeal to artists, engineers and producers looking for a mic that delivers a well-focused, musical sound with reliability and consistency.
Low distortion, excellent transient response from transformerless design
You’ll be amazed by the AT4040’s virtually nonexistent low-frequency distortion. It’s a result of Audio-Technica’s transformerless circuitry. This design also gives the AT4040 exceptional reproduction of high-speed transients, which makes this mic great for capturing the attack of any percussive instrument.
Full, rich sound from bottom to top
The AT4040 offers smooth, natural and extremely musical sonic character with a wide dynamic range. You can count on this mic to capture all the resonance and body from anything from a fine acoustic guitar to a male vocal. And the AT4040’s two-micron-thick diaphragm provides accurate reproduction of even the most subtle sounds without sacrificing high-frequency performance.
High SPL capacity and precision internal architecture
Even though the AT4040 offers superb sensitivity, it’s also able to handle extremely high SPLs – up to 145dB. A built-in 10dB pad allows you to put the AT4040 in front of sources up to 155dB, and an 80Hz highpass filter takes care of rumbles. The AT4040’s nickel-plated brass element baffle has been precision-machined to provide enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity. An open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections for the most uncolored reproduction possible. If you could have only one microphone in your studio, the AT4040 might very well be your best choice!
Audio-Technica AT4040 Microphone Features:
- Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser mic with dozens of applications
- Externally-polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80Hz hi-pass filter and 10dB pad
- Includes AT8449 shock mount
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size: 0.8″ (20.4mm)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL: 145dB (155dB w/10dB Pad)
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.1mV/Pa (-32dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 82dB
- Self Noise: 12dB
- Low Cut Filter: 80Hz
- Pads:– 10dB
- Color: Black
- Connector: XLR
- Dimensions: 6.69″ x 2.1″
- Weight: 0.79 lbs.
- Included Accessories: Shock Mount, Dust Cover, Carry Case