5-piece Electronic Kit with Powerful App Enhancements
There’s even more to love about the DTX400 Series in the Yamaha DTX402K electronic drum kit. From its immersive stereo drum samples and better-playing rubber pads to its ironclad 4-post stand, this kit boasts practice and performance improvements across the board. Exciting new features include ten training and challenge modes via the free DTX402 Touch app (iOS/Android), and Yamaha’s Rec’n’Share app compatibility to film and share drum covers straight from your iOS device. The DTX402’s ten customizable drum kits and 415 percussion sounds offer a wealth of tones to suit your musical moods: pop, metal, EDM, and beyond.
Powerful features and hardware
Quick access to 10 preset kits
There’s no menu diving within the DTX402 module. Each of its 10 preset kits is accessible via a dedicated button. This is true of play-along songs, training modes, metronome, and tempo/volume control as well. For greater editing control, users can download the free DTX402 Touch app.
Better-feeling drum and cymbal pads
The DTX402K sports even better-playing, more responsive rubber pads than previous generations. Drums are fast and dynamic, and cymbals can be choked for even greater realism.
Stable 4-post rack stand
A welcomed feature in the DTX402K is its stable new rack system. Hi-hat and cymbal pads sit on offset adjustable cymbal arms for greater positional freedom.
Rec’n’Share app compatibility
Yamaha’s Rec’n’Share app (iOS) injects your mobile video with audio straight from your DTX402 module, for performances that are easy to share with friends, bandmates, and video services like YouTube. It all happens on the fly: pick songs from your iOS music library, find the sounds you’re after, and point and shoot.
Even better with the free DTX402 Touch app (iOS/Android)
Customize drum kits
The free DTX402 Touch app makes it fast and easy to access the DTX402’s deepest kit-building features. Here you can choose sounds, tune and balance drums and cymbals, pan L-R, add reverb, and mute pads altogether.
Gamify your practice routine
By feeding you standard music notation and tracking how well you stay in the pocket, the DTX402 Touch app’s Song Score Gate and Rhythm Gate features will make you a tighter, more in-demand drummer. No matter where you are in your musical journey, these features will keep your practice and warmup hours fresh, with progress you can see.
Build speed with Fast Blast
Fancy yourself the next Johnny Rabb? Fast Blast mode tracks how many notes you can play in a fixed amount of time. This is a great way to build speed and a fun way to compete with your drummer friends. The DTX402K is a great intermediate kit that’s packed with practice and performance features.
Yamaha DTX402K 5-piece Electronic Drum Kit Features:
- The latest addition to the DTX400 Series
- Immersive stereo drum samples
- 10 preset drums kits — can be edited and overwritten
- 415 onboard drums/percussion/keyboard sounds
- 10 play-along songs
- 10 training functions: build chops, check timing, improve stroke speed, and learn drum notation
- 9 types of onboard reverb
- Metronome and tone generator
- Stable 4-post rack stand
- Responsive rubber pads
- Chokeable cymbals
- Audio and MIDI over USB
- Advanced features and kit building within the free DTX402touch app (iOS/Android)
- Share YouTube-ready drum covers via the free Rec’n’Share app (iOS only)
- Total Number of Pads: 4 x drum pads, 3 x cymbal pads
- Included Snare/Tom Pads: 1 x 8″ Snare Pad, 2 x 8″ Rack Tom Pads, 1 x 8″ Floor Tom Pad
- Included Cymbal Pads: 1 x 10″ Hi-hat Pad, 2 x 10″ Cymbal Pads
- Included Drum Module: DTX 402 Module
- Number of Drum Kits: 10
- Number of Instruments: 287 Drum/Percussion Voices, 128 Keyboard Voices, 10 Songs
- Effects: 9 x Reverbs
- Module Trigger Inputs: 8 x 1/4″ (drum/cymbal), 1 x 1/4″ (hi-hat control)
- Module Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/8″ (aux in)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4″
- Module MIDI I/O: USB
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Software: DTX 402 Touch App (iOS/Android), Rec’n Share App (iOS)
- Included Hardware: 9-channel Snake Cable, 4-post Rack Stand, Hi-hat control pedal, Bass Drum trigger pedal