Redefining the modeling amplifier as you know it.
Advanced technology that carefully recreates classic amplifier circuits, providing a more authentic tone. The circuits at work in the VX I and VX II offer guitarists the best of both digital and analog amplifier design. The Virtual Element Technology at the heart of these amplifiers was used to revive a myriad of classic amplifiers. The VX Series offers functionality that is beyond current digital amplifiers and represents an evolutionary step for modeling technology.
Proprietary VET (Virtual Element Technology) models the actual circuitry of the original amp.
The new power amp stage employs an FET-equipped analog circuit and also models the sag and compression that is characteristic of classic amplifiers.
• A sealed, one-piece speaker cabinet allows for overwhelming sonic performance and eliminates unwanted vibrations.
• A unique bass-reflex design delivers an unprecedented amount of rich low end for an amplifier of this size.
• The ABS cabinet material offers extremely light weight, durability, and unique acoustical properties.
• Ultra-light weight design of 3.8 kg (8.38 lbs) shatters expectations for guitar amps.
• A total of eleven extremely accurate built-in amp models, including coveted vintage amps and sought-after boutique amps.
• A total of eight reengineered built-in effects: four types of modulation and four types of delay/reverb.
• Power level control allows you to lower the volume without sacrificing dynamics.
• Eleven song presets that instantly simulate the sound of historic songs and famous guitarists.
• Two customizable user programs
• JamVOX III modeling software is included (VX II only).
• USB audio interface function with ASIO support (VX II only).
• Editor/librarian software “Tone Room” is provided by download, with support not only for PC, but also iOS devices (VX II only). *The iOS version will be available later.
• Headphone output and AUX input for silent practice or playing along with your favorite tracks
•An optional VFS5 foot switch allows for expanded user programmability.
New VET (Virtual Element Technology) modeling technology.
We completely rethought previous methods of modeling for the VX I and VX II. This led to the development of VET (Virtual Element Technology), which models the actual circuit of the original amp. An enormous amount of information about the vacuum tubes and each individual component was carefully analyzed in order to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the desired amplifier, as they were originally intended.
A diverse array of amps and effects allows for comprehensive sound-shaping.
The eleven built-in amp models include VOX’s legendary AC30 as well as also several high-gain, crunch, and clean sounds. A VX amplifier is the one unit you need to achieve a variety of coveted amplifier sounds ranging from classic vintage effects to costly boutique amps. A full complement of effects is also provided, including four types of modulation and four types of delay/reverb. The effects featured in the VX amplifier range have been also been reengineered to deliver more accurate and articulate tones. The eleven preset programs take full advantage of these amps and effects to simulate the signature sounds of famous guitarists and classic songs.
A redesigned power amp stage, complete with an FET equipped analog circuit.
Responsiveness, dynamic overdrive, and incredible sound quality — for the guitarist, these are the unique attractions of a tube amp, and are the reason that tube amps have continued to be sought by guitarists for decades. These characteristics are significantly influenced by the power amp stage of the amplifier. A new, FET-based analog power amp was designed specifically for the VX I and VX II to accurately reproduce the characteristics of a tube amp. This power amp design employs technology inherited from the Valvetronix series and succeeds in reproducing the distinctive sag of a classic tube amp.
Unique bass-reflex design and sealed cabinet produce a rich low-end.
In addition to the circuit design, we considered all aspects that impact the sound, paying careful consideration to the cabinet and speaker design. In order to obtain a more authentic sound and produce sound more efficiently, we employed a uniquely designed-bass reflex structure in conjunction with a sealed, one-piece speaker enclosure. While providing an external appearance appropriate for a guitar amp, the cabinet’s shape, the curvature of the front and back surfaces, and the internal reinforcement ribs have all been carefully designed to optimize the resonance. A conventional wooden baffle was chosen to retain the projection and tone of a classic guitar amp, while the cabinet is constructed from lightweight and durable ABS. The combination of these two materials yields a superior acoustical property that sounds superb yet retains easy portability. All of these unique elements work together to bring forth a level of sound quality that was previously unachievable with an amp of this class.
The VX II comes equipped with a USB port and JamVOX III
The VX II is equipped with a USB port for simple integration with your PC or Mac and also comes bundled with our JamVOX III modeling software. ASIO driver support is also provided, allowing you to not only interact with JamVOX III, but also to interface with your favorite DAW or guitar amp simulator. The editor/ librarian software “Tone Room” is also provided by download which allows for simple storage and editing of your favorite sounds on your PC, Mac, or iOS device!
Expands the number of unique user programs to eight on the VX I and VX II amplifiers by using the optional VOX VFS5 footswitch.
Amp models: 11
Preset Programs: 11
User Programs: 2 (Using the VFS5 foot switch increases the number of user programs to 8)
Input / Output
VX I: INPUT jack, Headphones jack, AUX IN jack, FOOT SW jack
VX II: INPUT jack, Headphones jack, AUX IN jack, FOOT SW jack, USB (Type B) port
Power Amplifier Output
VX I: Maximum approx. 15W RMS @4 ohms
VX II: Maximum approx. 30 W RMS @4 ohms
VX I: 6.5” 4 ohms
VX II: 8” 4 ohms
A/D conversion: 24-bit
D/A conversion: 24-bit
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
VX I: AC adapter (DC 12 V)
VX II: AC adapter (DC 15 V)
VX I: 2.5 A
VX II: 3.3 A
Dimensions (W x D x H): 354 x 192 x 313 / 13.94” x 7.56” x 12.32”
Weight: 3.8 kg / 8.38 lbs.
VX I: AC adapter
VX II: AC adapter, JamVOX III download card
Accessories (sold separately): VOX VFS2 footswitch, VOX VFS5 footswitch
* Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice for improvement.