Yamaha’s Red Label Folk Guitars Return!
The Yamaha Red Label FG5 recalls the company’s now-legendary 1960s-era Nippon Gakki Red Label acoustic guitars. That said, it’s been retooled to meet the demands of modern guitarists. A solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany body yield maximum resonance and tone, which are further enhanced by Yamaha’s A.R.E. wood torrefication process. Updated scalloped bracing ensures a louder, more balanced tone. What’s more, a bone nut and saddle augment the guitar’s tone, giving it a loud, clear voice. A classic V-shaped headstock and eye-catching semi-gloss finish complete the Red Label FG5.
Captures the essence of Yamaha’s iconic Red Label guitars
Inspired by Yamaha’s iconic Nippon Gakki Red Label guitars from the 1960s, FG Red Label instruments call to mind the look and feel of the company’s very first steel-string acoustic guitars. These sought-after instruments are cherished for their one-of-a-kind sound and high-end Japanese craftsmanship. Teeming with beautiful vintage aesthetics, the FG Red Label series enables you to experience the very essence of these legendary instruments, thanks to Yamaha’s state-of-the-art wood conditioning techniques and true-to-life vintage sound. All FG Red Label guitars feature classic V-shaped headstocks with Yamaha’s tuning fork logos, solid tonewoods, updated scalloped bracing, and eye-catching semi-gloss finishes.
Innovative construction yields a better guitar
The great tone and smooth playability of the Red Label FG5 are enhanced by Yamaha’s A.R.E. (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) wood torrefaction, which gives your guitar a broken-in and aged tone. By controlling the atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity, the molecular properties of the wood are manipulated to mirror those of a guitar that has been played for years. Each FG Red Label series guitar also features a modified and updated scalloped bracing pattern that exhibits a louder, more balanced tone.
Solid spruce top for great tone
The choice of top wood can powerfully affect the sound of an acoustic guitar. For the Red Label FG5, Yamaha chose a premium solid Sitka spruce top. Chosen as much for its look as its tone, the top has a well-rounded, articulate sound with excellent projection — and its tone is only made better by Yamaha’s A.R.E. wood torrefaction process. The guitar’s solid mahogany back and sides provide exceptional bass and powerful punch, and they simply look great.
Yamaha FG5 Red Label Features:
- Captures the essence of Yamaha’s iconic Nippon Gakki Red Label guitars from the 1960s
- Solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides provide rich tone and projection
- Solid mahogany back and sides provide exceptional bass and powerful punch
- Traditional Western body style provides fantastic projection
- A.R.E. process “ages” the wood molecules to match the tone of naturally aged guitars
- Updated scalloped bracing pattern exhibits a louder, more balanced tone
- Bone nut and saddle supply a loud, clear voice
- Classic V-shaped headstock with Yamaha’s tuning fork logo
- Eye-catching semi-gloss finish
- Country of Manufacture: Japan
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Semi-gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Modified Scalloped
- Neck Wood: African Mahogany
- Radius: 15.75″
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25″
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Open-gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75″
- Electronics: Atmosfeel
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 80/20
- Case Included: Hardshell Case