Comfortable, Accurate Mix Headphones
Like the NS-10s before them, Yamaha’s HPH-MT7 Studio Monitor Headphones are designed to cast a white-hot spotlight on the problem areas of your audio. From the studio to the stage, these high-performance cans will help put the finishing touches on your mixes and paint your source material in a realistic light. Yamaha HPH-MT7s are loaded with full-range 40mm neodymium dynamic drivers for accurate sound reproduction across the entire audible spectrum. Their comfortable ABS headband, ear cups, and pads are designed to stand up to long mixing hours. The Yamaha HPH-MT7s include a carry bag, 10-foot detachable cable, and 1/4″ adapter.
Closed-back, circumaural design
There are two factors at play here: the closed-back earcups, and a circumaural (around-the-ear) design. The closed backs mean your Yamaha HPH-MT7 Studio Monitor Headphones offer increased isolation from outside sources, suiting them to stage use where you’re surrounded by loud audio. Their circumaural design means they seal around the ears to create the big bass needed for mixing applications.
Should I mix with headphones?
Monitoring in a reliable, treated environment with speakers you trust is always going to trump mixing on headphones. But today’s mixing headphones have gotten so advanced that, for audio folks without a great room and reliable speakers, they’re sometimes a better alternative. Take the Yamaha HPH-MT7s. These headphones are built for mixing from the ground up. Their drivers and ear cups have been designed to eliminate extraneous resonance, ensuring that what you hear in your HPH-MT7s remains true to the audio source. Headphones also have the added advantage of being portable — mix at the beach or at the coffee shop if you feel so inclined.
Business or pleasure?
Making great mixes means getting your hands dirty. That means hearing things that are sometimes unpleasant — room peaks, bass buildup, shrill sibilance, noisy guitar amps, and so on. If you’re looking to make solid mixes that translate from system to system, they should be high on your list.
High-resolution monitor headphones that reproduce even the most subtle nuances of the source sound. In addition to mixing and recording in the studio, the HPH-MT7 headphones are perfect for mix monitoring in live performance applications thanks to their high sound pressure levels and durability.
- 40 mm custom drivers with CCAW voice coils deliver a broad frequency range and accurate response
- Closed-back, circumaural design for excellent isolation
- Smooth synthetic leather and large low-resistance cushions ensure stress-free wearability and high levels of isolation
- Three-dimensional arm pivot construction and adjustable slider length alleviate fatigue when working for extended periods
- Moveable earcups allow single-ear monitoring
- Thick ABS housing and rigid die-cast aluminum support-arms for use in the toughest working environments
- Straight 3 m cable suitable for use in a wide variety of applications *6.3 mm diameter standard stereo plug adaptor included
- Convenient carrying bag included
- Open/Closed: Closed
- Fit Style: Circumaural (Around the Ear)
- Driver Size: 40mm
- Frequency Response: 15Hz-25kHz
- Impedance: 49 ohms
- Cable Type: Straight
- Replaceable Cable: Yes
- Cable Length: 9.8 ft.
- Plug Size: 1/8″, 1/4″ adapter included
- Color: Black
- Weight: 0.8 lbs.